movein is a script intended for managing multiple git repositories all checked out into the same directory. My use for it is to maintain several separate git repositories for different classes of config files which I may want in different combinations on different machines. For example, on some machines I need X11 related configuration, on servers its not needed. On some machines I also want emacs config files, etc.
See more information about its use in the README
The current version of movein can be downloaded from the downloads page.
- add CREATE_REMOTE option to aid github users (thanks Joseph Liu)
- better error handling
- handle error from "hostname -d"
- Add manpage
- Add 'exec' command (thanks Stuart Prescott)
- add "locate" command (thanks Stuart Precott)
- don't clobber .mrconfig (Thanks: Gregor Herrmann)
- fix whitespace
- add ls-remotes command (Thanks: Gregor Herrmann)
- get rid of some(?) of the 'bare and worktree don't make sense' errors